If you’re missing teeth, you understand the significance of finding a replacement. Whether they disappeared due to gum disease, cavities, decay or even accidents – dentists firmly advise that you get them replaced right away. Partial dentures are an excellent way to fill in gaps where your natural teeth used to be and can help stop future misalignment of remaining pearly whites. Plus, with partial dentures installed properly there’s no need for any second thoughts – allowing you to chat, eat and smile confidently again!
If you’re toying with the idea of getting partial dentures, it’s understandable that you’d want to know more about them before talking through your options with a dentist.
What are removable partial dentures?
Removable partial dentures give you the convenience of taking them out and putting them back in your mouth at ease. These custom-made pieces consist of a plastic base which is crafted using impressions taken from your bite and gum area, while they are connected to existing teeth with metal connectors or precision attachments. To make sure these dentures blend well with the other natural teeth around it, crowns that exactly match their color are placed on top by an expert dentist.
Perfect for those who are missing three or more consecutive teeth, removable partial dentures provide a practical and aesthetically pleasing solution to an otherwise embarrassing problem. We can craft custom-made appliances that fit into either your upper or lower jawline with ease.
Types of removable partial dentures
Are you aware of your dental prosthesis alternatives to the common partial denture formed out of gum-colored plastic? There are in fact two more choices available for you:
- Light metal alloy dentures. This kind of partial denture base is a blend of light metal alloy and plastic, offering the same fitting as traditional plastic dentures but with enhanced comfort due to their lighter weight. However, this may come at an additional cost.
- Flexible dentures. For individuals who have experienced difficulty obtaining appropriately fitting dentures, the flexible partial variety is an optimal choice. Created to conform precisely with your mouth’s shape and remaining in place without clasps, this kind of dental appliance offers a comfortable solution that won’t slip or slide around while you speak or eat.
If removable partial dentures sound like something that might be right for you, there are some benefits that you should be aware of:
- Removable partial dentures are friendly to your budget and can cost less than other options
- They can give you back the ability to chew, speak and smile with confidence
- They’re easy to make a part of your daily routine
- Removable partial dentures can prevent further misalignment of your natural teeth
- You should be able to eat the foods you love again (except for some items that won’t work well with dentures)
If you’re searching for a cost-effective solution to restore your ability to chew, and give yourself the confidence of a beautiful smile, removable partial dentures may be the ideal choice for you. Everyone’s dental situation is unique, so be sure to carefully talk through all of your options with an experienced dentist before making any decisions. Contact the professionals at Princeton Prosthodontics and Dental Implants today!